Climbing wall device type CWD9 with a maximum descent height of 9 meters (29.5 ft). After reaching the top of the route, in the event of a fall, the climber is caught smoothly and descended automatically. The perfect Auto Belay for recreational and sport climbing.
Characteristics CWD9 Auto Belay Device
- STAR-series® patented and modular design;
- Only Auto Belay in the World with kernmantel lifeline;
- Low inspection and examination costs;
- Fall protection and automatic descender device in one;
- Integrated descent module allows the climber to descend automatically in a controlled manner;
- Reduces fall arrest force to an absolute minimum;
- Up to 9 meters (29.5 ft) descent height;
- Self retracting lifeline;
- Maximum climber weight: 150 kilos (331 lbs).
The abbreviation CWD stands for “climbing wall descender” (Auto Belay). Self retractable fall arrest and descend devices with its unique sheath core, kernmantel lifeline and non-resettable counter. The devices offer climbers freedom of movement and the certainty that – should a fall occur – the device will intervene immediately, arrest the fall smoothly and descends the climber safely.
STAR series devices, patented and recognized design
HONOR Safety & Consultancy offers a complete range of 17 different devices for fall protection, rescue, descent, evacuation, man riding winches, climbing wall devices and fall protection under the brand name STAR series.
These in-house developed devices set a new standard in the field of personal safety, fall protection and rescue and evacuation. The designation CWD stands for ‘climbing wall descender’ (auto belay). An automatic device whose lifeline rolls in and out. The device offers freedom of movement and also certainty that if a fall occurs, the device intervenes, arrest the fall immediately and allows the climber to descend safely.