Climbing wall device type CWD9 with a maximum descent height of 9 meters (29.5 ft). After reaching the top of the route, in the event of a fall, the climber is caught smoothly and descended automatically. The perfect Auto Belay for recreational and sport climbing.
STAR-belay devices, patented & Good Industrial Design
(Dutch Design Week)
The Auto Belay devices developed and manufactured in the Netherlands by HONOR AdventureTech set a new standard in sports and recreational climbing. HONOR AdventureTech is a separate private company and has been spun off from HONOR Safety & Consultancy.
Characteristics CWD9 Auto Belay Device
- STAR-series® patented and modular design;
- Only Auto Belay in the World with kernmantel lifeline;
- Low inspection and examination costs;
- Fall protection and automatic descender device in one;
- Integrated descent module allows the climber to descend automatically in a controlled manner;
- Reduces fall arrest force to an absolute minimum;
- Up to 9 meters (29.5 ft) descent height;
- Self retracting lifeline;
- Maximum climber weight: 150 kilos (331 lbs).
The abbreviation CWD stands for “climbing wall descender” (Auto Belay). Self retractable fall arrest and descend devices with its unique sheath core, kernmantel lifeline and non-resettable counter. The devices offer climbers freedom of movement and the certainty that – should a fall occur – the device will intervene immediately, arrest the fall smoothly and descends the climber safely.