Safe entry and rescue from confined spaces, especially if it concerns horizontal manholes, is not a sinicure! Particularly complicating because of the angular transition from tubelure to vertical wall of the vessel. In addition, horizontal manholes are often located at large (er) height in reactors with only small platforms and the distance from flange to platform railing is low.
FlangeClamp developed with clients
Our clients reported these problems at stops, shut-downs, disruptions in process installations and the like and the lack of a suitable anchor point for these specific situations. Together with them, HONOR has developed the universal Flange Clamp! This rapidly locatable anchor device is provided by means of two bolts on the flange and leave the passage completely free. The modular intermediate bracket with cable guide roller is hooked into the Flange Clamp and secured, after which a device with the required function (fall protection, rescue, downhill, winch) is placed on the blue intermediate bracket and safely enter the confined space.
- Temporary anchor point, quick and easy to place;
- Specifically for horizontal manholes;
- Number of users: max. 2 people;
- Small build-up dimensions, with little space available between flange / tank wall (insulation) and flange / platform railing;
- Standard version: for ANSI & API 20 “and 24” flanges (on request for other flange dimensions);
- Anchor point for fall protection, VB with integrated rescue winch, descent systems, rescue systems, passenger winch, (air) winches and the like;
- Ideal i.c.m. HONOR RescueSlide®, enter / rescue rescue slides by facilitating horizontal manholes;
- Weight: 6.5 kg (14.3 lbs).